Sunday, April 12, 2015

Sunday morning reflection...missing Trinidad and Tobago


Hi friends,

I haven’t written in a while because I have been feeling uninspired and lazy. This morning, if finally felt like spring arrived, at least where I am. We did a little cleanup of the front yard and played outside. It felt great to have the sun on my face. It was warm enough for me to wear flip flops in the backyard. It made me happy because I feel like summer is coming. But, it also made me feel a little nostalgic. I don’t know why. Anyway, this came to me as I was watching the kids play with bubbles.


Sunday morning reflection...missing Trinidad and Tobago 

I dream of green grass under my feet
I dream of sand between my toes
I dream of the kiskadee's tweet
I dream of the scent of the ocean in my nose
 
I dream of a coconut in my hand
I dream of mango juice on my face
I dream of feeling the sun when I touch the land
I dream of breezes in a warmer place
 
I dream of a Trini Sunday lunch
I dream of a snow cone with condensed milk
I dream of chenette by the bunch
I dream of a cold tropical drink
 
I dream of relaxing in Store Bay
I dream of fudge and sugar cake
I dream of my kids playing all day
I dream of fry bake
   

I dream, I dream, I dream...

By a Trini girl at heart.






XO,

Lucky


No comments:

Post a Comment