Monday, July 7, 2014

Call a spade a spade.

Hi friends,

Lots of ranting and non-PG language today.
As I get older, I noticed that I have less patience with people and their BS.  I want to give in to my anger and call out people when they are being asses but the rules of manners and good behaviour ask us to step back, calm down and then react, calmly. CALM. I’m really starting to hate that word. I would love to say screw that and just tell people off. In my case, this step back technique has the opposite effect. I stew and over analyse and get even angrier. Unhealthy, I know but I have a hard time letting things go. I try to forgive but I never forget, ask my husband.
I can be overly sensitive and emotional and I expect too much from people. I let my brain run away from me and place too much importance on silly things. I have acknowledged this and I try to rise above it. Do men suffer these emotions? I wish I can pick up some skills from my husband. He can lets things slide off his back while I want to kick people in the throat (I only kick people in my daydreams). The one thing I absolutely HATE is the excuse, “person x is just being person x.” No, if person x is doing and saying asinine things, person x is an ass.
The other thing that drives me nuts is people giving their opinions they have no relevant experience to the situation. I am sure I have been guilty of this and will probably still judge (as a first instinct) when I should not. Parents experience this daily when people who do not have kids give input when they should shut up.
One of the internet’s tips to dealing with anger is to write. So there, I wrote it. This is has been one of the most negative things I have put out there but I am not sorry. At least in this moment, I am not. I do feel a little better. I’m going to be silly with my babies now. That usually cures a bad mood.
XO,
Lucky

No comments:

Post a Comment