Saturday, December 3, 2011

Thank (insert deity of choice here) for the internet!


Hi friends,

The holidays are here! Yay! I’m giddy for the holidays. Don’t know why but I just get excited, especially now that I have a child. Last year was the first time I experienced the season as a mom. This year is the first time fro me as a Mom who is working outside of the home. It’s different but still great.

Life is a bit challenging for me this week. We are in the midst of our busy season at work, Baby Daddy is on a business trip, The Boy is recovering from being sick last week and I got wicked 24 hour stomach flu in the middle of the week. It was like the perfect storm of “what can go wrong next?” This weekend is very busy too with a kid’s Christmas party and a cousin’s baby shower back to back. I have my hands full.

This week, more than ever, I appreciate the internet, the PC and my smartphone. I was not able to get to store to buy my present for the baby shower but through the magic of the internet, I was able to purchase my present online. What was even better, is that I got the option to ship my present (for a very small nominal fee) directly to the recipient. Wins all around. I didn’t have to lug the present to the shower, along with The Boy and his gear and the future Mom does not have to worry about taking it home with her. I’m still going to pick up a small toy for the baby when I get a card so I will still have something for the shower. I’m just glad I don’t have to wrangle a bulky present.

Usually, I make a list on my PC, email it to myself so I have on my phone and hit the streets. Internet purchases have been getting easier and easier in Canada. Many popular retailers even offer free shipping options. I’m definitely going to take advantage of that this year. It’s much easier and I don’t have to brave the mall crowds except to get my cheesy picture of The Boy and Santa. I know I’m a little late to the game and I used to actually enjoy going shopping. Now, not so much. I rather spend my free time playing with The Boy.

No chance of him sitting still this year

Carrying this many presents and a baby is not a good idea
Maybe a little less of this craziness this year


Hopefully more and more and more of this craziness every year


The holidays are coming – get ready with the right technology. Ideas, tips and more from Intel® Canada bloggers only at Intel® Canada’s Facebook page.

XO,
Lucky

No comments:

Post a Comment