Thursday, December 1, 2011

Nostalgia and Magic in the air

Hello lovely friends,

Today is December 1st. I get giddy at this time of year. Something about the holidays makes me a little Christmas crazy. It got worse once we had The Boy. I got even giddier than normal for his first Christmas. This year is going to be even worse (or better in my opinion) in the degree of Christmas craziness. I think having The Boy turned me into a kid again for the holidays. I’m so excited for his 2nd Christmas.

Tonight I attended an alumni event for a company I used to work for a few years ago. It made me feel very nostalgic. Do not get me wrong, I love where I am now but I fondly remembered those days. It was great to catch up past coworkers and reminisce about working together and laugh at the shenanigans we used to get up to. I was a little nervous and hesitant (and lazy) to go to the event, especially since I’m still getting over a wicked stomach flu. I’m glad I sucked it up and went though. So much had changed and so much has stayed the same.

I did miss my boys though. One is on a business trip but he will be home soon. The other was up way past his bedtime when I got home. I could not resist going in to see him for hugs and snuggles. It probably disrupted him but we both loved it, selfishly me more than him. I had to kiss that little face and hold him while I sang the goodnight song I made up for him. He’s sleeping soundly now and I’m cyber stalking him on the webcam.

I’m so giddy right now and I did not consume one drop of alcohol. I better get off the internet or I’ll start signing about rainbows and unicorns.  Happy Christmas Magic everyone!

The Boy last Christmas

Cannot wait for the cuteness to come this year!


XO,
Lucky

No comments:

Post a Comment