Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Working Mom Guilt

Hi friends,

I’m not the first and I won’t be the last to experience Working Mom Guilt. Doesn’t make it suck any less though. Moms are judged so harshly. You’re judged if you stay at home to raise your child, you’re judged if you go back to work. Damned if you do, damned if you don’t.

I’m not sure how to deal with Working Mom Guilt (WMG). My job is very demanding, especially now because we in the midst of our busy season. I’m also new at this job so I have the added stress of a steep learning curve.  I don’t have the opting of clocking in and clocking out at specific times, there is always work to be done but I make sure that I spend time with The Boy. He’s my stress  relief.

I wish I could stay at home with him instead of going to work and sending him to daycare but I have bills and a mortgage to pay. When I was on mat leave, I sometimes missed the adult interaction. Can’t win either way. The challenge for me is to unplug and spend time with The Boy and not feel guilty if can’t get everything done in a work day. I have to teach myself that work is called work for a reason.

How do working moms do it? How do singe working moms do it? I have new heroes.

XO,
Lucky

No comments:

Post a Comment