Monday, October 10, 2011

Giving Thanks

Hi friends,

Wow, the past week was insane for me. Baby Daddy was out of town all week, the baby was sick and work was crazy. But what happened on Wednesday, October 5th eclipsed the craziness. We lost a true artist in Steve Jobs. Despite all the politics and the Mac vs. PC wars, everyone had something inspiration to say about the impact Steve Jobs had on the world.  That’s the true measure of a life. I'm not religious but I did stop and say a little prayer for Steve and his family and then I started thinking about all the things I have.

Last week, I started tweeting something I was thankful for everyday leading up to Canadian Thanksgiving. Now that Thanksgiving is here, I’ve taken some time to reflect. I don’t mean to get all spiritual and hippy ish but I am thankful for all the things I have. My son, my husband, my family, where I live, the opportunities i have, the fact that I can work and drive and vote if I want to and so much more.

I am especially thankful to live in the age that I do. Sometimes, I wish I lived in a simpler time. I feel like I could be the happy housewife for a little while. But…I will not give up my PVR or my smartphone or my iPad or my PC. I rely on them too much. They have become an integral part of who I am. I totally believe in using tools designed to help, work smarter not harder right? There are so many everyday things that make my hectic life a little bit easier. Email, my digital family calendar, my ability to share pictures of The Boy with family and friends around the world with the simple click of my mouse.

This Thanksgiving, and everyday really, I am lucky. Steve Jobs changed the world with the gifts he gave to technology. I can only hope to influence my little world in a positive way. I know I already started with this little face…




See how my friends at the Intel Canada Facebook page celebrated their Thanksgiving at https://www.facebook.com/IntelCanada


XO,
Lucky

No comments:

Post a Comment