Sunday, September 25, 2011

“Speedy Gonzales”


Hi friends,

The Boy’s nickname at daycare is “Speedy Gonzales.”  He is always on the go at full speed, except when he is sleeping.  There is no sitting around with him. Even mealtimes, when he’s strapped into his high chair are busy times. He’s babbling and saying a few words now so there is usually some type of “Conversation” going on.  He’s either asking for more or point to something with the expectation that I will explain what it is. I always need to be ready to entertain him.

Now that I’m in full swing as a working mom, I feel like I’m working two jobs. One during the day and another at night. I don’t have a lot of free time and I need tools that work for me. A slow computer does not.  I hate seeing that little hourglass on my screen. It just taunts me with its little song “wasting your time, wasting your time…” Of course that little song is in my head but still super annoying.

And as if the hourglass isn’t bad enough, my phone is starting to act up. It’s touch screen and sometime doesn’t respond to my finger swipe (that sounded dirty, I’m a 12 year old boy, I know). The screen stalls, I get this empty white screen and nothing. It really gets to me, especially if I’m trying to capture a video or picture of The Boy.  Not to mention trying to make a phone call. You would think a phone should let you actually phone someone right.  I want to throw the stupid thing at the wall sometimes.

Ok, rant over. Back to my original thought. Speed. I need my tools to work at the pace I set. That’s not too much to ask for right? My number one job is being a Mom, I need to get through all the “work” parts of that job so I can get to the “play” parts.  I want to effectively multi task so I can have fun with my son. I want to get to the giggles and the dancing and singing and the snuggles. If something slows me down, it gets thrown out the window (most times figuratively, sometimes literally). 

I refuse to give up my technology helpers but if they don’t cut it, they are out. You snooze you lose right? 


                            I never want to miss these moments...


How so you need with the devil’s time waster aka the evil little hourglass on your screen? Read my friends’ stories on the Intel Canada Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/IntelCanada


XO,
Lucky  

No comments:

Post a Comment