Friday, September 2, 2011

My first day back to work is around the corner...gulp!!!


Hi friends,

Today is my last official day on being off work before I return to the workforce. I’m not counting the weekend. I have been very lucky to have had 15 months at home with The Boy. I love that I had all this time with him. There were moments of absolute joy and moments where I wanted to pull out my hair but overall it was incredible.  I am looking forward to using the “non-mommy” parts of my brain again but terrified about being a working Mom.

I will miss being able to document The Boy as much as I want. I’m sure he will not miss having a camera in his face all the time. I almost feel guilty saying this but I’m glad to do something a little different after being of out an office environment for so long. I certainly did not see my maternity leave as a vacation as some people did. Being pregnant, having a baby and taking care of him are the hardest jobs I have ever had. It’s the one I loved the most too.

Now working Moms, share your secrets. How do you balance work and life? How do you keep organised? Give me some tips. So far, I’ve made up spreadsheets. Baby Daddy and I (i.e. I forcer him) to take a few minutes to create a meal plan. I create a shopping list based on this meal plan. We really stuck to it this week. I found it helpful for several reasons. We shopped just for what we need so we spent less and did not waste food. I also knew exactly what we were eating each day so it was easier to cook too. We also made healthier choices. I put my meal plan on the fridge so it was in my face.

The other thing I did to stay organized was to create a schedule for wake up/working out/daycare drop off and pickup. We are trying to get healthy so we scheduled time for both Baby Daddy and I to work out (Let’s see how long we will stick to that one).  I put this on a spreadsheet and put it on the fridge.

I do not think I would be able to try to organize my family without a PC. I’m a spreadsheet person and list person and I prefer a digital lists and calendars to a physical calendar. This way I “invite” Baby Daddy to all the events and it syncs with both our smartphones, which chime with helpful reminders. He has no excuse for missing anything now!

I have to pick out my first day outfit. What will I wear? I’m nervous. I hope they like me. I still have to get used to waking up early and getting back into a routine that takes me out of home for most of the day. The hardest part will be getting used to being away from The Boy all day. I know I will cry more than he does. He has a great time playing at daycare and flirting with the ladies. Mommy will always worry about him. I will miss seeing the smiles on that little face and the moments when he runs over to me for cuddles. How am I going to deal?

I'm going to miss getting this look during the day
I'm going to miss cuddles whenever I want
I'm even going to miss having to run after him all day


XO,
Lucky

No comments:

Post a Comment