Thursday, August 25, 2011

I wonder if I could have an old school road trip i.e. not use technology…

Hi guys, 

I recently wrote about my dependence on technology. That was just a little part of it. I was uploading my Food Truck Road Trip photos and wanted to write about the trip when I realized how integral technology was to the success of the trip. We planned our trip using the PC and followed food trucks on twitter and Facebook. We navigated to our destination using our GPS, entertained The Boy with the iPad and used apps on our smartphones to find food trucks.

I don’t know how I would plan without a PC. It just makes things a little bit easier. The Boy keeps me so busy that I need all the shortcuts I can take. If I had to get out a map and plot a route, forget about it. I can never refold a map anyway. I’m directionally challenged too so we definitely would have gotten lost. I need directions to be left/right and include landmarks.  I never know where north/south/east/west is.  I probably should learn this though to be prepared for the zombie apocalypse.

We had a great trip. We had lots of yummy food, did some sightseeing and shopping and got to spend some time with great friends and family. The Boy was a trooper. It was fairly easy to get around too. We took the train from NJ to Penn Station and then walked or took the subway. The subway isn’t always stroller friendly but we managed to get around. New York is the summer is hot but beautiful. It was all about the food for us though. Next time around, we will get to the museum and cultural stuff. Here’s a peak into our trip.


Yes, he is sweet and their cupcakes were awesome too!

Subway station nap anyone?

30 Rock. No Tina Fey sighting.

Curry goat and rice and peas from the Jerk Pan food truck. Delicious!

The Boy could not have enough of the oxtail and rice and peas from Jerk Pan.

Had to stop here! Got a custom made muppet for The Boy.
A little bit of Big piano dancing.

Chicken biryani from a food truck? Yes, please Halal Guys!

Always have room for Magnolia cupcakes.

Waffle time at Waffles and Dinges.

Score! Richshaw Dumpling Truck right next to the waffle truck!

Waffles and dumplings together? It worked.

You made me miss Greece so much, Souvlaki GR.


You must get ice cream from the Big Gay Ice Cream Truck. Wasabi crusted (left) and The Salty Pimp (right).




Life Lesson: when the opportunity presents itself, always stop to dance on a giant piano.

Can you plan a trip without using technology? See how my friends at Intel Canada use technology in their daily lives at the Intel Canada Facebook Page.


XO,

Lucky





No comments:

Post a Comment