Wednesday, August 17, 2011

And so it ends. SPOILER ALERT: (TURN AWAY IF ANY MENTION OF BREASTFEEDING, BREAST MILK OR BOOBIES IN RELATION TO PROVIDING SUSTENANCE FOR A BABY MAKES YOU SQUEAMISH. THAT MEANS YOU CW!)


Hi friends,

Look at this sad photo. (Do not judge my ugly but comfortable carpet. I made it black and white to try to pretty it up but it did not work. It came with the house and there is no new floor $ on a mat leave budget). 

So long for now Old Friend!


This is the last of my nursing clothes, all packed up with my breast pump (and close friend for the last year or so) on top. The Boy is officially weaned. It had to be done as I hope to renter the outside of the home work world soon and breastfeeding and pumping would not be practical in my situation. It just makes me so sad. I didn’t think I would miss breastfeeding but I do sometimes, especially when I see a new Mom feeding her little one. I do relish my new found freedom though. Bring on the crazy foods and the alcohol (well, I still have to stay relatively sober to take care of The Boy and completely sober when Baby Daddy is travelling).

I miss the little cuddle sessions that went along with feeding. There were times when I could not wait to be done. Like teething time. The Boy was always a quick feeder but nothing can replace or explain the feeling of nursing your child. I am happy and proud that I stuck it out for an entire year. It is a lot of work.

The Boy still misses the boobies. I am sure one day he will hate that I put this on the internet but right now he doesn’t know. He likes to rest his head on my chest and sometimes if he is sleepy, he tries to nuzzle.  I don’t miss the nursing bras and nursing pads. Time for some new non-nursing centric duds. I am happy to have the ladies back to myself (and Baby Daddy). Too much info? Meh…





XO,
Lucky

No comments:

Post a Comment