Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Long weekend hangover, fighting against being a technology Sherpa and a visit from Crazy Mommy…


Hi friends,

A few years ago the phrase “long weekend hangover” would have a completely different meaning that it does to me today. I am still recovering from my long weekend with a toddler. I think I was a bit ambitious with my plans for the long weekend. We planned on strawberry picking, fireworks viewing and checking out Ribfest. We did everything but The Boy, Baby Daddy and I are still tired. I think I was too ambitious in trying to jam pack so much family activity into the Canada Day weekend.

I’m a planner and a scheduler and lately a bit crazy with wanting to document everything The Boy does. The one thing I’ve learned recently is that I tend to take too much with me. I realise that I don’t always need to bring the backpack with camcorder, DSLR and a variety of lenses with us everywhere. This weekend, we only took the DSLR and one lens.  Guess what? We survived. I still captured some memories without being a technology Sherpa.

The other thing I learned is that I sometimes need to let things go. We don’t have to attend every event. I just want The Boy to experience everything. Baby Daddy is so busy with work that I try to squeeze as much as I can out of family time. The downside is that I drive everyone crazy with the planning and scheduling and stress myself out. A relaxing family outing sometimes turns into “Crazy Mommy” time. But if Crazy Mommy didn’t stop by occasionally we would miss things like this…


#1 Canadian


Cousins!
Strawberry Fields Forever

My version of Twilight...waiting for fireworks with The Bo

Neighbourhood Sparklers

Baby, you're a firework!

   
Someone's not impressed with Ribfest...that's lemonade in my cup!



How do you handle your technology? Can you survive with less? See what my friends at the Intel Canada Facebook page have to say.

XO,
Lucky


No comments:

Post a Comment