Friday, June 3, 2011

Remembering the emotions of awaiting The Boy

Hi everyone,

This day last year, Baby Daddy and I went out for our last dinner as parents-to-be.  We were so excited and I was so huge. My feet were super swollen. I just could not wait to hold my baby. We were totally in the "soon to be parents" bubble. All giggly and excited and musing on whether the baby was boy or a girl as we did not want to find out the sex ahead of time (me really, Baby Daddy was happy to go along with what I wanted).

I was in the mood for fajitas so we went to Lone Star. We had our first real dinner together at Lone Star so it felt right to go there before we had our first baby. There was a large group of people there and two of the guys were trying to out-macho each other with the “eat the steak the size of half a cow” challenge.  The problem was that they were gagging, almost to the point of throwing up. Ugh! I still cringe when I think about it.

Imagine a 9 month pregnant woman, swollen feet, uncomfortable in every position, out for her last dinner at a restaurant before becoming a Mom. I was livid. I was ready to head over to the table and tell them to grow up but it would have taken me half hour to get out of my chair and waddle over. I did not want some random guy’s vomit to ruin my night. Luckily neither of them threw up. One gave in and the other finished his half a cow without barfing. My night was not ruined.

If I could go back in time and capture that feeling, I would, just so I could show The Boy how much we wanted to meet him. We were drunk on joy and exhilaration and it continues everyday with The Boy. He continues to surpass our dreams…vomit, poo, pee and all. We are very lucky folks!

Too excited for words
Loved wearing this t-shirt. As if the giant tummy wasn't enough of a tip off.


XO,
Lucky


No comments:

Post a Comment