Tuesday, June 7, 2011

My dirty little secret…I don’t know how to use Photoshop!


Hi friends,

The Boy is officially 1 and he’s going to get his first haircut on the weekend. My baby is growing up and I have the photographs to prove it. I have had no formal training in photography or photo editing so many of my photos are not of the best quality but I’m willing to learn. I just need a teacher who is not married to me.

I often take photos that are perfect except for one little thing that should not be in the picture. An errant flip flop, part of a random stranger’s face, or a zit on Mommy’s chin. None of these belong in my photos! Being the control freak that I am, I cannot let these things go. I must remove them from my photos, which brings up the topic of my dirty little secret. I don’t know how to use Photoshop. I use Lightroom to convert my photos to jpegs and adjust the white balance (using the auto adjust feature) but that’s all I know how to do. Baby Daddy prefers to take over and do the editing for me instead of teaching me or tries to “teach” me but ends up frustrating me so I’ve never really learned how to use Photoshop.

I use a very basic, simplified, dummy proof photo editing software that is about 10 years old. I mainly use it to erase blemishes (from my face) or shrink things (my tummy or bum or arms or ears or whatever is looking particularly chubby in the picture).  I know I could do more with my photos if I knew how to edit them better. I just need a teacher. Anyone out there willing to take me under their wing? There are cupcakes in it for you.

My friends at the Intel Canada Facebook page have some great tips on how you can edit your Visual Life. Check them out here- https://www.facebook.com/IntelCanada


XO,
Lucky

No comments:

Post a Comment