Monday, May 2, 2011

Who is your Bogeyman/woman? Mine is Hello Kitty.


Hello friends,

I noticed that many people are using the term “Bogeyman” to talk about the demise of Osama bin Laden. E.g. “The Bogeyman is dead,” etc. This got me thinking about fears and what scares people.  The fear of Osama bin Laden and his capacity to terrorize and destroy were certainly real. There are a few fears however, that are irrational and mysterious. Enter Hello Kitty and all Hello Kitty trappings.

I cannot pin point when my fear of Hello Kitty started or what caused it but I am still creeped out by that whiskered hussy with the bow on her ear. The worst ones are the Hello Kitty heads. The key chains, purses, toys that are just a Hello Kitty head? Shudder…

That brings me to the other thing that freaks me out. Random toy/key chain heads with no body attached. Why? They are so creepy. What’s the appeal of just the head? Isn’t it morbid?

In all seriousness, I am truly grateful to live in a country where I can express my opinions, do not have to cover up from head to toe and can vote in elections, among many other blessings. I did my civic duty today and voted. Now I can complain all I want about taxes, the government, that freak Hello Kitty and body-less toys. 


XO,
Lucky

No comments:

Post a Comment