Wednesday, May 11, 2011

How do I know my PC is male? Easy, it can only do one thing at a time…I kid, I kid!


Hi friends,


I don’t mean to start off by male bashing but in my personal experience, the men in my life can only focus on one project at a time (and even that is challenge, see Phil Dunphy from Modern Family). This is why I think of my computer as a man.  He has started to let me down recently when I assign him multiple tasks.  He just can’t handle things.


The Boy keeps me busy and I’m quickly approaching the end of my mat leave so I try to squeeze in as much as I can during nap time. I need to be able to upload and edit pictures and videos, watch YouTube videos, tweet and keep on top of email and Facebook at the same time. Old Faithful just can’t keep up. It makes me sad and frustrated. I want to smack him.  


I’ve been researching new PCs and man there are a lot of options out there. The thing is need though, is dependability and speed.  No blue screens of death, no freezing, no waiting forever for my pictures to upload or videos to load. In other words, I do not need another time suck device.  Baby Daddy says I need to look and what it inside the PC vs. what it looks like on the outside (hard for a shallow person like me).


My friends at Intel Canada recommended taking a look at their new generation of processors on the Intel website. There is a great tool to help you select what is right for you. Based on my selections, it seems that a PC with the 2nd Generation Intel® Core™ i5 Processor is what I need.  Now I just need to convince Baby Daddy (ha ha ha, I couldn’t’ keep a straight face as I wrote “convince.” He doesn’t need any encouragement) to get a new computer.


I think Old Faithful’s retirement is fast approaching. Depressing, I know, he’s been with me for so long but it’s time he took a load off. He can’t handle my needs anymore.


Need a new PC? Check out http://www.intel.com/consumer/products/processors/comparison.htm  before you buy.  For more recommendations, join the fun at the Intel Canada Facebook page.


XO,
Lucky

1 comment:

  1. A PC is the issue. I love Macs. Not popular in some circles but ...

    ReplyDelete