Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Tunnel vision and Schadenfreude


Hi friends, 

I sometimes have tunnel vision. I find myself in a suck situation and can’t see past it. I wallow, get sad and depressed and just want to punch anyone who tells me “you’ll be fine, things will work out, everything happens for a reason.” In the middle of my self-pity party that is the last thing I want to hear. I want to hear “They suck! There are stupid! You are right! They are wrong…etc.!”

I get out of the funk eventually but there is usually some residual anger. I am not above admitting that I do enjoy any Schadenfreude that may come the way of the party/parties that wronged me. I used to beat myself up about being a bad person but I’ve come to realize that it’s human nature. Also, after I have a little chuckle, the little angel on my shoulder takes over and I feel sympathetic. Unless, the person/people were seriously evil, then I feel justified.

Ok enough negativeness! I’m so glad I started this blog. Just wiring helps me feel better. As you may have guessed, I was recently experienced some disappointment but I’m going to try to get over the tunnel vision. After all, The Boy can’t yet feed and clothe himself and someone needs to give him some belly kisses. That’s a job I’ll gladly do. What would we do without baby giggles? Someone needs to bottle that stuff and sell it.


XO,
Lucky

No comments:

Post a Comment