Thursday, March 10, 2011

Props to all the single Moms and Dads out there!


Hello out here!

I am not a single Mom and my husband is fairly competent at taking care of The Boy so I am grateful for that. However, mu husband has the occasional business trip and then I’m on my own 100% of the time. I don’t know how single Moms and Dads do it, especially when go back to work full time. I am fortunately still on mat leave so I don’t have to worry about coordinating work/childcare etc. when my husband is away and I still get my butt kicked. 

I also have the option of packing up The Boy and all of his various food/clothes/toys/gears and camping out at my parents’ house for a few hours where my Mom is more than happy to feed him and play with him while I veg out. The only demand on me is to nurse him and hand him back. 

Taking care of The Boy without the little breaks that my husband provides when he comes home wears me out! I find myself sliding into bad habits like letting The Boy fall asleep in out bed because I’m too tired to deal with bedtime fussiness and eating popcorn for dinner.

I am so grateful for the little stinker and that I can be at home with him right now but he is a lot of work. I’m thankful for my husband, even when I have to deal with him like a 5 year old sometimes (love you honey!).  I’m already dreading the gong show when I go back to work. Guess I need to start working on those spreadsheets to keep u organized now.  Maybe I’ll hit the jackpot and won’t have to go back to work and can hire myself a housekeeper or better yet a wife!

XO,
Lucky

No comments:

Post a Comment