Monday, March 21, 2011

Judgyness…it’s ugly!


Hello internet friends!

I am a judgy beeyacth.  I am the first to admit it and I hold grudges too and have trouble letting go…for years.  So I guess it’s just karma when my judgyness came back to bite me in the a$$. It really does suck when someone makes a true snap decision about you without venturing to find out anything about you. What made my situation worse is that it was someone I knew. So stupid when the person acts all formal like in their judgement of you. It’s like they forgot that you know them and may have witnessed something crappy that they did or said.

A few months ago I initiated a conversation, with someone I knew for a few years,  on a particular subject matter. They replied with some concerns and some questions.  I understand that email conversations can be difficult but based on the language and the questions, I know this person had already made a judgment about me. I replied to their questions and then silence…no response, no feedback, nothing. Rude. Why the pretense with questions? Why not come right out and say “I think you’re an idiot and I’m not going to waste my time with you but I want to make you jump through hoops like a hamster to answer my questions and I’m not going to bother to read your answers anyway or reply to you.”  Why waste my time ? I guess my time is not valuable…steups.

These are times when you feel like high school was just the warm up for real life. I went to al all girls’ high school in Trinidad so I experienced my share of meangirlness. In those days though, the teachers sometimes were more mean than the actual mean schoolgirls. I still encounter the mean girls (and boys). It makes  you wonder what is going on with these ding dongs that make them act the way they do. You know the things they do…ganging up and teasing someone, organizing a lunch outing and “forgetting” to tell someone. Stupid little things like that.  Luckily, I’m in mat leave so I haven’t seen much of that type of childish behaviour by grown a$$ people recently.

Ok enough ranting. This was bugging me for a while (told you I have trouble letting go). I’m glad I got it off my chest. Next post will be more rainbowy and sunshiny.

XO,
Lucky

No comments:

Post a Comment