Sunday, October 24, 2010

Sleep…will we ever meet again my old friend?

I miss sleep. I miss sleeping in. I miss lying in bed with no demands and just sleeping. I relish sleep. I’m not a tea or coffee or pop drinker but I need 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep to be completely functional.

I can’t remember when I last had a good night’s sleep. It must have been when I was around 5 months ish pregnant…before the baby in my belly made me get up every hour to use the bathroom. Now the baby and a snoring husband keep me up (and my ongoing affair with Harry Potter).

These days when I put my son to bed, aside from telling him I love him and all the other mushy mom stuff I always ask him to sleep at least 8 hours. Of course, he’s his own little man and wakes up laughing and cooing in the early morning. Too early for me. He usually goes back down for a couple of hours after eating but I miss having 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep.

One day in the very, very, very distant future I guess I’ll get reacquainted with 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep. Until then, I gladly (I admit sometimes grudgingly) trade being well rested for the always a little tired but unbelieving amazing feeling of being a mom to The Boy.

XO,
Lucky

No comments:

Post a Comment