Saturday, October 2, 2010

Listening to my son coo over the baby monitor

So I’ve been absent for a while. I’ve been busy birthing a baby and taking care of said baby. He is an absolute joy and we relish every moment with him. I am starting to feel more like my old self a bit and do miss being able to sleep in and be lazy. These days, it’s all about The Boy. Making sure he eats, poops, pees, is happy etc.

I just put him down for a nap and the little stinker is having a grand old time laughing and babbling by himself. He should fall asleep on his own soon but the sounds coming through he baby monitor are music to my ears.

Man, people said it but your life really does change once baby arrives. There is no more free time, especially for the mom. I am a little resentful sometimes that my husband can just go to work and zone us out. Even when the baby is sleeping I am still in mom mode. There’s always something baby related that needs to be done. When I go to bed, I know that I will have to wake up at some point in the early morning to feed the little munchkin.

Gone are the days of the last minute “let’s go to the xyz…” There is more planning involved. Making sure his diaper bag is always ready to go. Making sure we put the stroller in whichever car we are taking. Making sure we are not going to interrupt a nap/feeding time. He is a really good baby though (knock on wood). He sleeps in the car or stroller and I don’t have issues with breastfeeding him in public, although I do prefer some privacy if possible.

Overall, the past few months have been amazingly frustrating but have been the happiest of our lives. The Boy has completed our little family. Here’s a little ditty I wrote about it (sorry if it’s a little cheesy).


Our Little Family


We found each other and were as happy as can be
Then our little family grew from two to three
You came into our lives and touched us with love
A precious gift from heaven above
9 months of anticipation and joy
Gave us this beautiful Baby Boy


More Mom stores to come,
XO

No comments:

Post a Comment